Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Only in Japan...

Todays post is about the saying: "only in Japan"
Yes, we all know our Asian island friends sometimes have weird twists in their brains... This "gadget" is just another example of that:
A watermelon cooler...



Yes, I am not kidding you at all... This is a legit product brought to you by Joybond... Why do we need it? Well to keep that huge piece of fruit fresh in the summer I guess... It even has wheels... So you can take your precious green friend along with you wherever you go! Awesome isn't it? It might be... but useful? Please... :p
To finish it of, it is also very expensive IMO, 175.40€ which is about 250$!

Oh and if you really decide to buy one, and you feel like you want to be extra special... Try these special japanese watermelons:
I you do not notice what is so special about these, well they are square... Yep... Square water melons, because I guess ordinary sphere shaped ones just didn't taste as well... Amazing... I actually wonder who came up with this idea... Was there one japanese guy who went like, Jiro-kun, i just love these watermelons, but they look so horribly plain... Let's make them square from now on... 

Really... XD

So let me say it once more: Only in Japan!

31 comments:

  1. Useful at least... I guess. :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those square watermelons cost a fortune! Anyone buying those can probably splurge for the watermelon caddy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these days i wonder if there's anything else that they'll come up with

    ReplyDelete
  4. A watermelon is a random thing to have a cooler made specifically for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 250$ sound like a bargain for such a usefull item!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Lich, I want it for some reason O.O

    Following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The square watermelons remind me of the watermelon blocks in mario sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Japan is still on my "to visit" list! This is the type of stuff that makes me want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is not the strangest thing ive seen come out of japan

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah sweet! :D i'd get one of these and walk it in the middle of the street :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha thats cool! I'd buy the little fruit walker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the creator if the square watermelons was thinking about Minecraft as he came up with the idea. Japanese people are so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to buy a square watermelon, put it in the wheelie cooler and keep it as my fruity baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's pretty interesting, though I'm not sure how much of my dignity I would lose to have that thing around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Japanese can be really strange sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I've seen the square watermelons before but not the rolling cooler

    ReplyDelete
  17. Japan is such a cool place. The technology is really amazing there

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks so crazy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I freaking need that watermelon stroller. I NEED IT

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is useful. There is nothing more refreshing than a chill watermelon on a cold summer day.
    although i suppose thats what fridges are for.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats how they roll in Japan...

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://newhypertech.blogspot.com/

    Hey I have been following your blog for quite sometime and would love feedback on mine from a such an expert blogger and poster.

    I really love all this stuff, I hope you feel the same way about mine.

    Thanks,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definately want a square waterelon real OR fake:)

    ReplyDelete